Tuesday 5 May 2015

Baby Yearbook - Just Born

Hi there,

This being my very first post, I am super thrilled to share my projects with everyone. Crafting is such a fun way to keep yourself occupied. So many new tricks and techniques we learn while getting messy with glue and scissors. I have always had a special interest in making all things around me look pretty and attractive. To be honest, I can spend a whole day with just paper, glue, ribbons and scissors.

I always loved the idea of scrapbooking. Its such a fantastic thought to whoever has introduced this to the world! Keeping your keepsakes in such a wonderful fashion and such a refreshment of memories it is when you go through your scrapbooks.

The project that I want to showcase today is a baby book. I am very excited to share my first complete scrapbook. (I usually have the habit of buying a book with many pages, decorating the initial few pages and then leaving them adding in layouts as and when I wish.)

This is a unisex scrapbook that I made in a yellow-green theme. This could be used for a baby girl or boy. It has 5 pages in total with 12 sides including the inner sides of the cover. The size of the book is 8*9.5 inches. It comes with lots of space for adding in pictures and journaling notes. The book basically chronicles the first year of the baby's growth. It starts with a summary of the pregnancy and ends with the essential firsts of the baby.

And here are the pictures.


This is the cover page. please ignore the tacky font of my initials, I had a problem with my basic laptop utilities thereby disallowing me to watermark with my pretty logo :(

The cover is embellished with a mix of mdf, resin, wooden, metal charm and paper embellishments.




This is the first page with the inner cover page. As I mentioned this captures the essence of pregnancy. The envelope provided can be used to store pregnancy scans :)




This layout captures the first few moments of the baby's life. There is also provision to stamp in baby's hand and footprints.












So this is the first baby book that I have designed. You can also watch the video of the book here: 



I hope you all like it. Do leave in your comments and feedback.

Also do check out my Facebook page for further updates and projects here: www. Facebook.com/handcraftedbyesha

See you until my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment