Monday 11 May 2015

An Altered Diary

I am a big stationery buff! Self-confessed! And I am also super lucky to have a friend who is equally crazy about stationery as I am. And diaries are one of our common favorites!

I think put together we must have gifted at least 10 dairies to each other on our birthdays or simply like that. So this year for her birthday, I decided to do up the cover page myself as I wanted to gift her something unique. Off late she has taken interest in sewing and fashion designing - hence I opted for a sewing-stitching theme.

And when I started working on it, I gave her a coordinating tag that she could use as a bookmark as well! (Oh yes! we share a common interest of collecting bookmarks as well :))

So here are the pictures of my customized diary along with a coordinating tag cum bookmark:




I bought a plain, single color pages diary. I used a cream net fabric to do up the cover after covering the cover with a paper from the sew-lovely paper pack from Craft Easy first. Then I plaited light blue, yellow and light green Anchor embroidery threads and stuck it near the spine of the book along with a pearl chain and an old lace that I found lying around in my house. I then embellished the diary with a distressed mannequin, thread spool (I wrapped up some light blue Anchor embroidery thread around the spool after distressing it a bit), sewing needle, wooden buttons, sewing machine, a small glass bottle filled with sequins, buttons, a mini-scissors, a mini-mirror and a handmade distressed, paper inch tape. Some of the embellishments such as mini-scissors, needle are from Jesse James - Dress it Up Embellishments - sewing room buttons. They are ultra cute and can be used to add that instant jazz on any layout.

Here is a close-up of the tag cum bookmark:






I cut-out alphabets from one of the papers from the sew-lovely paper pack from Craft Easy to add up a line: Sew glad we are friends". I embellished the tag with a lace, a few buttons, a handmade mini-distressed paper inch tape, a net bow, pearls, hooks, and a mini-embroidery thread spool that I made using Anchor embroidery thread. 

Here is the picture of the back of the book:



I kept the back simple, just covered it with a paper from the paper pack and continued the spine from front page till the back page.

I hope she likes it! I totally loved working on it, and had so much fun along. 

Let me know what you guys think about it :)

Do check out my Facebook page for my other projects and updates here: www.Facebook.com/handcraftedbyesha





No comments:

Post a Comment